Essential Oils and Aromatherapy Products
Essential oils have been used for centuries for its health benefits. These concentrated plant extracts can be used in aromatherapy or essential oils which can be applied topically to the skin. In this article, we will explore some of the most popular essential oils and their respective wellness benefits.
If you are looking to purchase essential oils, we of course hope you shop at the NOA Aromatherapy Store. But, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure that you have a premium shopping experience.
Firstly, it is important to purchase quality essential oils that are best suited to your individual needs and budget. When comparing essential oils offered by different retailers, wholesalers, and other sources, watch out for words such as “fragrance oil,” “nature identical oil,” or “perfume oil.” These words indicate that what you see is not a pure, single essential oil. Instead, look for essential oils that are labeled as “pure” and are free from additives and synthetic ingredients.
Secondly, be cautious of suppliers that promote their essential oils as being “therapeutic grade” or “aromatherapy grade.” There is no governmental regulating body that grades or certifies essential oils as “therapeutic grade” or “aromatherapy grade.” Therefore, it’s important to understand the background behind this terminology and evaluate these suppliers based on other factors and the tips shown below.
Lastly, do your research before purchasing essential oils from big box stores and drug stores. Even though we want to trust the brands they sell, there have been reports from trusted sources that some essential oil brands sold at large stores have been adulterated. Research that brands first before potentially returning to purchase the essential oil.
Here are the top 10 essential oils sold in the United States and their respective benefits:
1. Lavender oil: It is known for its calming and relaxing properties. It can help reduce anxiety, promote relaxation, and improve sleep quality.
2. Peppermint oil: It is used to relieve headaches, muscle pain, and digestive issues. It can also help reduce nausea and improve mental clarity.
3. Lemon oil: It is known for its refreshing and uplifting properties. It can help improve mood, reduce stress, and boost energy levels.
4. Tea tree oil: It is used to treat skin conditions such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis. It can also help reduce dandruff and promote hair growth.
5. Eucalyptus oil: It is used to relieve respiratory issues such as coughs, colds, and congestion. It can also help reduce pain and inflammation.
6. Frankincense oil: It is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. It can help reduce inflammation, boost immunity, and improve skin health.
7. Rosemary oil: It is used to improve memory, reduce stress, and promote hair growth. It can also help relieve pain and improve digestion.
8. Chamomile oil: It is known for its calming and soothing properties. It can help reduce anxiety, promote relaxation, and improve sleep quality.
9. Ylang-ylang oil: It is used to reduce stress, improve mood, and promote relaxation. It can also help reduce blood pressure and improve skin health.
10. Bergamot oil: It is used to reduce stress, improve mood, and promote relaxation. It can also help reduce pain and inflammation.
RECENT ARTICLES ON THE NOA BLOG